The ongoing negotiations between Israel and Hamas have entered a critical phase


by Ifi Reporter Category:Government Mar 3, 2024

The ongoing ceasefire negotiations between Israel and Hamas have entered a critical phase, with sources within Hamas indicating potential progress towards a ceasefire agreement. Speaking to the French news agency AFP, Hamas representatives stated that a ceasefire could be achieved within the next 24-48 hours, contingent upon Israel meeting their demands.

The talks, which are taking place in Cairo, also involve delegations from Qatar and the United States alongside the Hamas representatives. The focus of the negotiations extends beyond just a ceasefire, with discussions also revolving around the release of abductees.

Hamas has set a deadline for the beginning of Ramadan, on March 11, as the timeline for concluding negotiations related to abductees. A delegation from Hamas, including Khalil al-Hiya, the movement's deputy head in Gaza, is expected to participate in these discussions.

However, Israel has made it clear that further talks will not proceed without Hamas providing a comprehensive list of living abductees. Senior Hamas official Osama Hamdan expressed surprise at the participation of the Israeli delegation in the Cairo talks but reiterated the organization's commitment to reaching a deal.

Meanwhile, amidst the diplomatic efforts, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) conducted airstrikes in the Carrara area, targeting locations associated with Hamas. The airstrikes aimed to disrupt Hamas infrastructure and were part of a broader military campaign against the organization.

The IDF reported successful operations in Khan Yunis, eliminating dozens of terrorists and seizing significant amounts of military equipment, including weapons, uniforms, and ammunition.

The situation remains fluid as negotiators work towards a potential ceasefire agreement while military actions continue on the ground.

The IDF allowed Saturday the publication that Sergeant Dolev Malka (19) from Shlomi, Sergeant Afik Teri (19) from Rehovot and Sergeant Yanon Yitzhak (20) from Mitzpe Ramon were killed yesterday in the explosion of explosive devices planted by terrorists in a building in Khan Yunis.
The incident took place yesterday during an activity of the 450th Battalion of the Bislah Brigade (these are Kfir Brigade trainees in the Machim course). Recently, the brigade occupied the fighting sector in Khan Yunis, instead of the paratroopers brigade that left the Gaza Strip after four months of fighting. The force, which operated under the battalion combat team of the 75th Armored Battalion, was inside a building that exploded and parts of it collapsed as a result of a series of explosive devices that were set off one after the other.
As a result of the explosion, the three fighters were killed, and another 14 were injured - six of them seriously. All the wounded were evacuated in a short time to receive medical treatment in the hospitals in Israel.
The incident occurred near a logistical axis for the passage of forces, which is normally supposed to be controlled and based on the forces. Now the 98th Division, which is responsible for fighting in the area, is investigating the amount of explosives that were in the building. In addition, it was also suspected that some terrorists who were identified a short time later nearby and were attacked were the ones who placed or activated the charges remotely.
The army is also investigating the number of soldiers who were in the building, as this is the second fatal explosion of a Gazan building into which fighters entered in the last week and which led to serious injuries. The sequence of events appears to be an expanding phenomenon that the forces are dealing with, and are trying to draw lessons and apply them to prevent its recurrence.
The IDF spokesman, Lt. Col. Daniel Hagari, commented on the incident this evening and said that "the incident occurred during a terrorist infrastructure scan, when two explosive devices exploded in a building located a few kilometers from the border." Hagari emphasized that terrorists came from this area to the kibbutzim on October 7, and carried out the massacre In spells, the eye of the thirty, Nirim and Nir Oz. "We must purify this space," he said. "The prices of war are heavy and painful. Every void and every wounded person is a whole world."




No comments have been left here yet. Be the first who will do it.

captchaPlease input letters you see on the image.
Click on image to redraw.


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum


No testimonials. Click here to add your testimonials.