CBS: About 155,000 vacancies are waiting for working hands

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 by Ifi Reporter

About 155,000 vacancies are waiting for working hands, according to data published today by the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) regarding the number of vacancies in March, April and May.
The data also show that the shortage of software developers continues, the profession in which most of the working hands in the high-tech field are missing.

In this context, another interesting statistic emerges from the report: 86% of the jobs in the field are offered to software developers in the Tel Aviv and Central areas. All other parts of the country (together) generate demand for only the remaining 14%.
According to the CBS, 19,053 jobs of computer, electrical and industrial engineers are waiting in the labor market (within this number, 13,794 jobs are offered to software developers). Immediately after that, 12,551 jobs of sales workers, and 11,495 jobs of waiters and bartenders.
At the bottom of the vacancy table are only 2,362 positions of clerks and only 595 positions of network and computer systems technicians.
The vacancy survey is the main source of information on the number of vacancies in Israel, and has been conducted regularly by the Central Bureau of Statistics since 2009. The survey population includes businesses with 5 or more employee jobs.


ABOUT IFI TODAY

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum

Newsline

Alibaba is closing its development center in Israel

Jun 28, 2022 by Ifi Reporter

The Chinese company Alibaba is closing its development center in Israel. The company last night informed its employees of its intention to close the center here in Herzliya and lay off dozens of employees. The director of the center, Lehi Tzelnik, retired in November and has not been a... Continue reading →

Alibaba is closing its development center in Israel

Jun 28, 2022 by Ifi Reporter

The Chinese company Alibaba is closing its development center in Israel. The company last night informed its employees of its intention to close the center here in Herzliya and lay off dozens of employees. The director of the center, Lehi Tzelnik, retired in November and has not been a... Continue reading →

convalescence allowance for employees in the private sector will be updated to NIS 400 per day

Jun 27, 2022 by Ifi Reporter

The Histadrut and the presidency of the business sector announced this morning (Monday) that they have signed a general collective agreement, according to which the convalescence allowance for employees in the private sector will be updated to NIS 400 per day, compared to NIS 378 today - an... Continue reading →


Testimonials

No testimonials. Click here to add your testimonials.