Terrorist attack: Three people have been killed in the ultra-Orthodox city of Elad and 4 injured


by Ifi Reporter Category:Health May 5, 2022

Murderous terrorist attack at the end of Independence Day: Three people were killed and four others were injured - two seriously, one moderately and one in a light condition - in a terrorist attack that took place on Thursday evening in the ultra-Orthodox city of Elad near Rosh HaAyin. Police began searching for a vehicle that fled the scene and set up roadblocks on the area's roads.
According to the suspect, two terrorists armed with an ax and a knife hit passers-by and fled the scene. There is a fear that they will be able to escape to the Palestinian Authority, which is about three kilometers from the city. The GSS is involved in the investigation and pursuit, but the identity of the terrorists is still unknown to the defense establishment. The Central District Police Chief said the assessment is that the terrorists are Palestinians.

Defense Minister Bnei Gantz and Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi convened a consultation following the attack. Prime Minister Naftali Bennett receives regular updates and will assess the situation with all the heads of the defense establishment. The Minister of Internal Security, Amar Bar-Lev, also received updates on the attack and there are consultations.
The report of the incident was received at 20:36 in the Yarkon area of ​​Magen David Adom. From the information that reached the authorities, the gunmen attacked passers-by in the amphitheater park near Ibn Gvirol Street. MDA medics and paramedics evacuated the four wounded to Beilinson and Sheba hospitals.
An eyewitness said the two terrorists "were with axes. A security guard managed to fire one shot and then the terrorist gave him an ax in the head, shouting 'Allah Akbar'."
Aharon Shrui, who was near the arena, said: "I was near the park, I heard screams from the park. I ran towards the people. One child shouted at me, 'Come, my father is dead.'
MDA paramedic Alon Rizkan said that "this is a very difficult incident. When we arrived at the place we noticed that it was a complex arena. Near the square in Ibn Gvirol, a 40-year-old man was lying next to a car with serious injuries to his body, we performed medical tests but he was without signs of life and we had to determine his death. I went down the stairs to the nearby park, we performed resuscitation operations on a 40-year-old man who was unconscious and in the end we were forced to determine his death. "Tens of meters away, another wounded man lay unconscious, also in the 1940s with serious injuries, and after the resuscitation operations, he was pronounced dead."
He added that "three wounded, including a 60-year-old man and a 35-year-old man who were seriously injured, were treated on the spot and evacuated to Sheba Hospital in Tel Hashomer and Beilinson while they were anesthetized and resuscitated. A 40-year-old man was moderately injured Patients in stable condition. "
Dr. Eran Rotman, director of Beilinson, updated that two injured people arrived at the hospital in critical condition, “one of them is very seriously. They suffered head injuries from a sharp device, were initially resuscitated and anesthetized until further treatment. At the moment they are still fighting for their lives. We are undergoing a process of initial stabilization and initial evaluation, and I estimate that they will arrive at the operating room in the coming hours. "
Aharon Zilberman said: "From the testimonies of passers-by, we understood that these were two terrorists who went on a murderous journey along the street and brutally attacked innocent passers-by with axes and knives. "On the road and on the sidewalk from the square to the park, cries for help were heard from every corner, the heart was torn."
The municipality of Elad contacted the residents and asked them to stay in the houses - but many residents do not have internet or radios, and it is likely that many of them did not receive the notification of the attack. Additional videos from the city documented gunmen, apparently from the security forces, who began scanning with weapons drawn at construction sites in the area.
The mayor of Elad, Israel Porush, said that "we have a lot of loyal and good forces here, psychologists, social workers, dozens. They are all here, captivated here, also bringing in auxiliary forces, volunteers. We have a lot of volunteer forces here in the city - ZKA, Ihud Hatzalah, MDA, police, KBA - they are all here giving everything they can give. It is not a simple event. "
A Hamas spokesman in Gaza responded to the attack on Elad, saying that "once again a courageous operation is a severe blow to Israel and its defense establishment. "And his beatings will hurt Zionists and settlers everywhere. The Zionist occupation will pay the price for his crimes and the racist policies he pursues against the Palestinian people."
The attack in Elad is added to a series of attacks in Israeli cities, which took place at the end of March. Last Friday, he was killed in a shooting attack at the entrance to Ariel the security guard Vyacheslav (Daniel) Golev (23). The two terrorists armed with Carl Gustav rifles arrived at the position, shot at it - then got out of the vehicle and fired at Golev from zero range. Golev physically defended his partner who was his partner in the position and absorbed the bullets fired. After a manhunt that lasted about 20 hours, the terrorists were captured in a Palestinian town near the city of Samaria.
On April 7, Tomer Morad and 27-year-old Mitani Magini, 27, from Kfar Saba, were killed in a shooting attack at the Ilka Bar on Dizengoff Street in Tel Aviv. Hours after the attack, the death of one of the wounded, Barak Lufen, 35, from Givat Shmuel, was determined at the hospital. The terrorist was located hours after the attack by the GSS hiding near a mosque in the area of ​​Clock Square in Jaffa and was killed in an exchange of fire with GSS and YMCA fighters.
The week before, five people had been killed in a shooting attack in Bnei Brak. A Palestinian terrorist from the Jenin area shot dead four civilians, then killed in a shootout with police, in which policeman Amir Khoury was also killed.
Two days earlier, Border Police officers Yazan Fallah and Shiral Aboukaret were shot dead by two ISIS-backed Israeli civilians from Umm al-Fahm who were ambushed at a bus stop in Hadera.
The week before, four Israelis were killed in a stampede and stabbing attack in Be'er Sheva carried out by a Bedouin terrorist living in the Negev. A bus driver and a civilian shot dead a terrorist. Following the series of attacks, the defense establishment announced the preparation of a "breakwater" designed to stop the wave of terrorism.



No comments have been left here yet. Be the first who will do it.

captchaPlease input letters you see on the image.
Click on image to redraw.


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum


No testimonials. Click here to add your testimonials.